Today I turn 15. It’s the day surrounded by a driver’s permit and the “almost sixteen, yay!” feeling. I’ve learned so much in these last 15 years, so here are some of those valuable and life-changing lessons I want to share with you.
- It’s okay to be happier than everyone else around you.
- You will make mistakes, but you will rise above them.
- Live slow.
- What many people think is cool, is actually not.
- Your identity is not found in anything but Jesus.
- Don’t stop loving people because you’re afraid of what people may think.
- It’s always better to work hard, I promise.
- It’s not cool to be exactly like everyone else.
- Don’t let anyone stop you.
- Do what you want to do.
- Read a book. Take pictures. Paint. Explore.
- Get in the Word.
- Spend less time getting ready for the day, and spend more time living.
- People are going to let you down,
- But Jesus is the ultimate companion.
So 15 - 15 full years of living, loving, and chasing Jesus one hundred percent. Life hasn’t always been picture perfect and how I necessarily would love for it to be, but I’m constantly growing. This is just a short compiled list of a few things I’ve learned through this crazy experience called life. I’m going to leave you with the one thing Jesus told us to pursue, “Love God. Love your neighbor.” That’s what I’m aiming after, with my whole heart.